|2006||New York University, Master of Fine Arts, New York, NY|
|2004||Brown University, BA in The Visual Arts + Program in Liberal Medical Education, Providence, RI|
INDIVIDUAL EXHIBITIONS selected
|2019||The Privilege of Escape, Creative Time, NYC (upcoming)|
|2019||Risk Management, Grace Building plaza, Arts Brookfield, NYC|
|2018||Year of the Dog, Chinatown Park, Rose Kennedy Greenway, Boston, MA|
|2017||Common Ground, Rufus King Park, Jamaica, Queens, NY|
|2015||Exhaust, SPACES, Cleveland, OH|
|2013 & 2014||The Course of Emotions: a mini-golf experience, Summer Streets, Urban Arts Program, NYC Department of Transportation, NYC|
|2010||Look Here, Cumberland Diagnostic & Treatment Center, Brooklyn, NY|
|2008||The Course of Emotions: a mini-golf experience, Rotary Ice House Gallery, Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ|
|2005||star, Rosenberg Gallery, New York University, NYC|
|2004||Not Intended for Use, Brown University, Providence, RI|
GROUP EXHIBITIONS selected
|2019||Waiting for the Garden of Eden, WhiteBox, NYC|
|2016||Arts & Culture Hub, Summer Streets 2016, Urban Arts Program, NYC Department of Transportation, NYC|
|2015||Summer Long Sculpture Program, FIGMENT NYC, Governor's Island, NYC|
|2014||Barter Town (Trading Post XII: The People’s Economy), Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn, NY|
|Barter Town (Trading Post XVI: Mesh & Lace), DUMBO Arts Festival, Brooklyn, NY|
|18th Annual Sculpture Exhibition, Franconia Sculpture Park, Shafer, MN|
|Make Things (Happen), Nathan Cummings Foundation, NYC|
|2013||Doing and Undergoing, Teachers College Building at Columbia University, NYC|
|La Bienal 2013: Here is Where We Jump, El Museo del Barrio, NYC|
|CARNE VALE!, Flux Factory, Long Island City, NY|
|2012||united states, The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, Ridgefield, CT|
|PULSE Projects, PULSE Art Fair (with Galerie Stefan Röepke), NYC|
|Systemic Risk, NURTUREart, Brooklyn, NY|
|2011||Notice of Public Hearing Art & Law Residency Exhibition, SculptureCenter, Long Island City, NY|
|Call and Response, Newark Arts Council Open Doors, Newark, NJ|
|Chain Letter, Samsøn, Boston, MA|
|2010||FRAMING AIDS, Queens Museum of Art, Queens, NY|
|Show VII, MMX Open Art Venue, Berlin, Germany|
|The Case of the Curious Pedestrian, Myrtle Avenue Brooklyn Partnership, Brooklyn, NY|
|The Golden Door, Jersey City Museum, Jersey City, NJ|
|Both Sides of the Pulaski, Fine Art Framing, Long Island City, NY|
|Brand X, Galerie Stefan Röpke, Cologne, Germany|
|Rompe Puesto, Bronx River Art Center, Bronx, NY|
|2009||STATE FAIR, Socrates Sculpture Park, Long Island City, NY|
|I can’t get no satisfaction: Contemporary views on the everyday, apexart, NYC|
|Movie Nite (in collaboration with Drew Gardner), Dixon Place, NYC|
|Kentucky Girlhood Project, Clara M. Eagle Gallery at Murray State University, Murray, KY|
|2008||How Soon Is Now? AIM 28 Exhibition, The Bronx Museum of the Arts, Bronx, NY|
|2006||This one time…, Kiana Malekzadeh Gallery, NYC|
|Normal Space, Flux Factory, Long Island City, NY|
|curatorclusterfuckcompetition: Curator’s Choice, SCOPE NewYork, NYC|
|2005||Deck the Walls, Exit Art, NYC|
|Storefront/Forefront, Tower Records Building, NYC|
|I’m not a dictator, I just have a grumpy face, Weisspollack Galleries, NYC|
|2004||Subterranea, New York University, NYC|
- Taylor Dafoe, "600 Artists Submitted Ideas for Creative Time’s Latest Commission. The Winner? A High-Concept ‘Escape Room’," artnet News, March 14, 2019.
- Glenn Adamson, "Literally a melting pot," Letter from America, Crafts Magazine, November/December 2018.
- Mark Feeney, "‘Year of the Dog’ installation comes to Chinatown Park," Boston Globe, February 20, 2018.
- Diane Daniel, "Game Theory," American Craft Magazine, June/July 2017.
- Christina Wallace and Cate Scott Campbell, "Risa Puno And The Art Of Play," podcast interview on The Limit Does Not Exist, Forbes, August 2, 2016.
- Dee Perry, radio interview on The Sound of Applause, 90.3 WCPN, August 19, 2015.
- Andrea Denhoed, “Give Yourself Away,” The New Yorker, October 15, 2014.
- Conor Gillies, “Risa Puno: Please Enable Cookies,” Radio Open Source, October 9, 2014.
- Lois Beckett, “How Much of Your Data Would You Trade for a Free Cookie?,” ProPublica, October 1, 2014.
- AM DeBrincat, “fair game: Risa Puno in conversion with AM DeBrincat,” ArtFile Magazine, September 22, 2014.
- Tina Ramnarine, “The Course of Emotions: Installation Artist Risa Puno on Her Mini Golf Course at Summer Streets,” StageBuddy, August 06, 2014.
- Betsy Armour, “The Art of Collaboration,” Fine Art America blog, August 05, 2014.
- Jennifer M. Wood, “Park Avenue goes car-free for Summer Streets 2013,” Time Out New York, July 31, 2013.
- Jan G. Castro, “Innovative Low Cost Museum-Quality Art by Risa Puno and Soo Sunny Park,” International Sculpture Center blog, June 19, 2013.
- Roz Baron, “Preview: Three Emerging Artists Featured in El Museo del Barrio’s 7th Biennial Exhibition,” Remezcla, April 2, 2013.
- Jordan Galloway, “Culture and Cocktails at Brooklyn Art Night,” Brooklyn Based, March 16, 2012.
- Brendan S. Carroll, “Risky Business,” Hyperallergic, February 24, 2012.
- Michael Wilson, “Brooklyn Bridge,” artforum.com, February 21, 2012.
- La Shawn Pagan, “Absence -- Framing AIDS 2011,” The Queens Courier, December 8, 2010.
- Briana Vannozzi, “The Art Of Mini-Golf,” NJN News, aired July 9, 2010.
- Tammy La Gorce, “Come for Art, Stay for the Golf,” The New York Times, July 2, 2010.
- Dylan Schenker, “The Jersey City Mini-Golf Experiment: The Golden Door Is Now Open,” Hyperallergic, July 1, 2010.
- Don Ciandella, “A Mini-Golf Tribute to Jersey City’s Immigrants,” The Wall Street Journal, June 23, 2010.
- Nicole Caruth, “Gastro-Vision: Whack! Contemporary Artists and Piñatas,” Art21 blog, May 21, 2010.
- Simone Davis, “Pinata Party!!!” TheBronxRocks.com, January 10, 2010.
- Gordon Fitch, “A State Fair In Queens,” ARTEZINE, Volume 17.5, June 17, 2009.
- Jenine Clancy, radio interview, WMCX News, 88.9FM, September 2008 “Goings On About Town,” The New Yorker, July 21, 2008.
- Walter Robinson, “Weekend Update,” artnet Magazine, March 20, 2006.
|2019||Creative Time Open Call Award, NYC|
|Artist-in-Residence, Cold Hollow Sculpture Park, Enosburg, VT|
|2018||John Michael Kohler Arts Center Arts/Industry Residency, Sheboygan, WI|
|2017||Art in the Parks: UNIQLO Park Expressions Grant, NYC Parks|
|workshop with Carsten Höller, Fundación Botín, Spain|
|2016||member of NYC Dept. of Transportation Art Advisory Committee|
|2015||project grant, FIGMENT NYC, Governor's Island, NYC|
|2014||Open Studio Fellowship, Franconia Sculpture Park, Shafer, MN|
|2012||artist lecture, The Aldrich Contemporary Art Museum, Ridgefield, CT|
|proposal finalist, New Children’s Museum, San Diego, CA|
|2011||teaching artist, Socrates Sculpture Park, Long Island City, NY|
|Art & Law Residency Program, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts, NYC|
|2010||artist panel, A-Lab Artist Forum: FRACTURE, Queens, NY|
|project grant, Jersey City Museum, Jersey City, NJ|
|2009||visiting artist, Dumbo Arts Center, Brooklyn, NY|
|proposal finalist, Public Art Fund, NYC|
|project grant, Socrates Sculpture Park, Long Island City, NY|
|visiting artist, Satellite Academy, NYC|
|2008||visiting artist, Monmouth University, West Long Branch, NJ|
|2007||Artist in the Marketplace (AIM) Program, The Bronx Museum of the Arts, Bronx, NY|
|2006||Emerging Artist Grant, Scope New York, NYC|